Sunday, May 26, 2013

Flats and Handwashing Challenge Day Six

Yesterday was day six of the Flats and Handwashing Challenge and I didn't get a chance to post because we were incredibly busy. We woke up early in the morning and headed to the Flea Market where I tried to convince Papa to buy me a baby pig, it was adorable! There is an outdoor flea market not too far from us and you can find some really neat stuff there, I'll post about that a bit later. After the flea market we went home and topped and cut a tree on our land. It's been hanging over kinda crooked like ever since it got hit by lightening and since a large branch was dying off we thought it best to cut it down before it fell. Papa worked with the chainsaw and I handled the smaller limbs and Baby played happily in her pack and play.


Once again I handwashed as they came off of Baby and I think I have a pretty good system down now. I have a baby food jar of detergent in the bathroom and when she soiled a diaper I rinse it in the tub with hot water, transfer it to the sink that's filled with hot water and a smidge of detergent, agitate and rinse. So far it's working famously and with the great weather we're having I can hang them outside and have it dry in half an hour or hang it inside and it's dry in about 2 hours.

As Baby has gone through various stages I've used different folds, main the pad fold and the origami fold, both of which I learned here. When Baby was tiny and not mobile I could origami fold a diaper on her and tie the wings together, no pin necessary! As she got larger and wigglier I found myself pad folding and just sticking it on her, she had no patience for laying still while Mommy folded and pinned. Now that she's nearly a year she will lay still and play with a toy long enough for me to origami fold a diaper on her again. Most babies will have already outgrown the origami fold by a year, but she's a skinny baby so it still works for us.

I hope you all are enjoying the challenge, it's been nice sharing a bit of our cloth diapering experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment