Friday, May 3, 2013

Busy Busy Busy

We've been very busy here around the house since spring set in. Papa is framing the driveway and putting in a new retaining wall, I have seedlings started and ready to be put in the ground and Baby has decided to start walking. Spring is my favorite time of year because I love being able to get back in the soil and work. This year we're growing:

Tomatoes
Bell Peppers
Squash
Watermelon
Cantalope
Jalapenos
Okra
Corn
Blue Lake beans
Peas
Runner beans
Onions
Potatoes

I'm going to probably going to put in some late season collards as well, and maybe some spinach. I have a lettuce packet as well from the farmers market, so we'll toss that in the soil and see what pops up. 

Hopefully we'll have enough planted and not terribly harsh conditions and we'll be able to put back a good bit of food. Are you starting a garden this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment