Friday, May 24, 2013

Flats and Handwashing Challenge Day Five


Today as part of the Flats and Handwashing Challenge we're talking about what works for us and by extension, what doesn't work. We haven't had any problems with fit or leakage, but that may be because we use flats fairly regularly so we've worked past the initial kinks. I used to have a problem with the legs leaking until I figured out to roll them under to form a little seal.

Confession: Yesterday was Papa and I's anniversary and we left Baby with a babysitter. We left her a pocket stuffed with a flat but when we came home Baby was in a pocket stuffed with a microfiber insert because she thought it was cuter. I didn't say anything to her because I'm just happy Baby was still in cloth, we showed her where the disposable diaper pack was in case she didn't feel up to cloth (she's young).  I still handwashed the diaper, but yeah, not a perfect streak I guess. Oh well!


What Works

  • Using the origami fold
  • Securing the diaper with a pin
  • Covers with snaps
  • One flat overnight with an econobum cover
  •  Washing in the sink as soon as they come off of the baby
  • Line drying inside or outside

What Doesn't Work

  • The snappi half the time! The bottom hook doesn't want to attach and Baby ends up with nothing between her legs if she's coverless. This is definitely a problem!
  • Covers with velcro if Baby isn't wearing pants or a onesie. Apparently she can undo velcro now, tricksy baby!

Today is a very busy day for me so this post is going to be a short one. If anyone has any questions feel free to leave a comment and I will definitely get back to you!

1 comment: