Thursday, June 20, 2013

Putting the car kit together

The end result, I need to get another container to put it in, but for now the bucket works.

Today I started putting together the emergency kit for my car. I added a few items to my previous list including a siphon, tarp, oil pan, cold pack, and reflective belt.


This is what's in the kit for the people in the car. I like to buy the premade first aid kits and then supplement it with my own items. I do this because a.) if someone that isn't me needs it they're going to look at it and immediately recognize it as a first aid kit and b.) it's convenient. Inside I added nonstick sterile gauze, tape, emergency scissors, extra medicine (benadryl, advil etc.) and 2 diapers. Next to it is a pack of Hot Hands (I despise cold hands!). a poncho, cold packs, a reflective belt, emergency blanket, water, a lighter, one MRE, sunscreen, bug spray, and tennis shoes with socks tucked inside.


Here we have the engine side of things, sorry for the lackluster picture.  From left to right there's a siphon, oil pan containing jumper cables, an e-tool and a rag, a tarp and up front we have 2 flares and some screw drivers. I didn't bring the gas can in to take its picture because it still smells like gas a bit from the lawn mower and I didn't want to stink up my living room. 

I'm still missing 2q of oil, coolant, reflective triangles and kitty litter. I'll pick most of it up today as Papa and I are going to see my folks before he goes back on orders and I'd like to have this kit ready for our trip.  I should probably add some more tools, at least a wrench since of the three things I know how to do on a car two of them require a wrench. I didn't picture the spare tire, jack and lug nut remover thing since they live in the car permanently under the trunk mat. 

What do you all have in your trunks? Leave us a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment